Tuesday, September 1, 2015

058. | Five Steps for Achieving the Perfect Summer Glow


It may be the First of September, but that doesn't mean I'm ready to let go of my summer glow. With a few more weeks of warm weather ahead, I'm looking to maximize my sun kissed, vibrant skin before embracing the fall beauty trends. In this post, I share five tips, from nutrition to skincare to makeup, to achieve beautiful skin with a (99%!) natural glow.
  • Beauty rest is real and important. One of the easiest ways to achieve a lit-from-within look is to make sure to get seven to nine hours of sleep per night. Overnight, the skin repairs and restores itself. Without a full night's rest, the skin looks dull and lackluster. Dark circles form and blemishes take longer to disappear. So tonight, tear yourself away from your Netflix binge and get your sleep on. 
  • Feed your glow. Once the skin is rested, it is important to make sure it's hydrated. Drinking water keeps the skin looking fresh and bright. To make my water more fun and spa-like, I like adding lemon wedges and cucumber slices. Just as important is eating "skin-friendly foods" such as blueberries and spinach. This Protein Berry Mojito Smoothie from ALOHA is packed with superfoods that promote beautiful, glowing skin. For more healthy, delicious recipes, check out the ALOHA Recipe Page
  • Sunbathe shrewdly. Spending time outdoors is obviously the best way to look naturally sun kissed. As long as you take the necessary precautions, basking in the sun isn't harmful for the skin. Be sure to apply (and reapply!) a suntan lotion with an SPF of 30 or higher. I like the Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Lotion because it has a built-in moisturizer. Limit time spent in the sun and remember to apply a lotion with aloe once indoors. The Dead Sea Essentials Aloe Vera Body Lotion smells heavenly and leaves my skin feeling silky smooth.
  • When all else fails, fake it. As much as I love finding healthy and natural ways to look my best, nothing can quite compare to the effect of a good bronzer and highlight. For a summer glow, look for products that contain shimmer. The shimmer will intensify when reflecting natural sunlight. My favorites, which would work well on a wide range of skin types, are the Too Faced Sun Bunny Natural Bronzer and theBalm's Mary-Lou Manizer.



18 comments:

  1. These are all really great tips! Thanks for sharing!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips :) I especially agree about the beauty sleep and exfoliating!

    <3
    perfectfixations.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips on skincare!!! Thank you for sharing!

    http://www.trendyvee.com/fall-2015-must-haves/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips, we are all doing our best to hang on to our summer color.

    http://www.racheldinh.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. We both have a little "summer glow" theme going on today, haha! I couldn't live without a highlighter! Have you tried the new one by Jacyln Hill yet? It's called Champagne Pop, it'll match your blog! ;-)

    Xoxo, Amy J.

    Bowlines and Lace

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always forget to exfoliate, that's totally by downfall! I'm super excited it's September, it's my favourite month as well as my birthday month, eek! But I agree, I'm not ready to give up the glow. Makeup Revolution and MUA highlighters are my saviours right now, but I really want to get my hands on Mary Lou!xx

    Laura | Lala London: Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! Skin is the basis to look pretty, unless we have a healthy skin, nothing else will work. Great post!

    Natalia | Lindifique

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tips! I totally agree - I'm not ready for summer (or my tan) to end! Thanks for sharing Kate!
    xMC
    http://mc2squared.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tips! Nice products!
    http://fabuloustorture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Drinking water and getting plenty of sleep are great suggestions more people (including myself) need to remember! It's two simple things that can get so overlooked and it's important to follow those reminders.

    http://passportcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very useful amazing tips here I love your blog :-) http://www.bauchlefashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tips, thanks for sharing! Btw I really enjoy reading your blog, great work!! <3
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this post! Normally i have to fake it! xx

    franklyflawless.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your tips! Thanks for sharing!!
    Love,
    Kisses and hugs from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhh I love makeup reviews! Such great products - thanks girl!

    C's Collection | http://chelseascollection.com

    ReplyDelete