Wednesday, July 1, 2015

043. | Lorac Pro Matte Palette


I, along with everyone else in the beauty world, am obsessed with the formulation of Lorac eyeshadows. I had used my Lorac Pro 1 Palette so much, that I eventually had to get rid of it because it was basically all empty pans with a few bits of shadows left. I had been seriously considering repurchasing the palette, mainly for the incredible matte shades it has. The makeup gods were clearly on my side, because just as I was about to repurchase, Lorac launched the Pro Matte Palette. To no one's surprise, the Pro Matte Palette is just as incredible as Lorac's other shadows. Keep reading for photos and swatches!


The Lorac Pro Matte Palette features eight neutral toned matte shadows. There are four lighter shades: Bare (warm bone white), Latte (soft beige), Linen (bright white), and Pink Mauve (pink mauve - the name truly describes the shade!). And four darker shades: Corduroy (neutral mid-toned brown), Chocolate (milk chocolate), Burgundy (reddish brown), and Jet Black (very dark black).

 Bare, Latte, Corduroy, Chocolate
Linen, Pink Mauve, Burgundy, Jet Black

The consistency of each and every shadow is creamy and buttery. They apply evenly and blend like a dream. They work well used alone, over a primer, and layered together. While the shadows do not have much noticeable fallout, they do tend to get a little powdery in the pan. This can get a little messy, but is not a major downside for me.

While it is entirely possible to create many beautiful looks with this palette alone, my favorite way to use it is to pair it with satin and shimmer shades from elsewhere in my makeup bag. I think combining different textures of shadows gives a multi-dimensional, pulled together look.


The palette's packaging is a smaller version of the Lorac Pro 1 Palette - a slim black rubberized case with a decent sized mirror inside. This type of material is similar to the NARS packaging in that it collects product and fingerprints easily.


I recommend the Lorac Pro Matte Palette to everyone! I truly think that this is the type of basic palette every makeup lover needs in her collection. I'll admit that the shades are not the most unique, but having them together in a compact palette is extremely convenient. The Pro Matte Palette is especially great for anyone who travels regularly.

The Lorac Pro Matte Palette contains 0,144 oz. of product and retails for $28. Click here to purchase.

8 comments:

  1. I love matte palettes with simple but versatile colours! The Lorac Pro Matte Palette looks like the perfect one! I have to get it now!!

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks like a beautiful palette!!

    xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've wanted a LORAC palette for ages, and I love that they made one eitb a collection of mattes. The shades all look really easy to wear as well!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love matte eyeshadows and I really need to try Lorac products. This looks so amazing (:
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am thinking about getting the original lorac pro palette. Do you have a review on it. I would really like to read it :)
    http://anitalovesbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita! I unfortunately do not have a review on the original Pro Palette, but here is a great review on it from a website I trust 100%: http://www.temptalia.com/lorac-pro-palette-review-photos-swatches

      Delete
  6. I love the colors! I think this would be a great investment! :D

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love LORAC eyeshadows, my favorite of any brand!

    XO Maariasan.com

    ReplyDelete