Thursday, June 25, 2015

042. | Current Beauty Obsessions, Vol. 3


Today, I'm sharing twelve products that I've been consistently using and loving for the past few months. I've done this twice before, and I think that this type of post is a fun way to share the best of the best beauty items in my current rotation. (Click here to read Volume 1click here to read Volume 2.) If I had to describe these products as a group, I'd say that they are products that helped me transition from spring beauty to summer beauty - a mix of cool toned light shades, warm bronze shades, and a couple of killer skin products. Read on to see what items I've been obsessing over!

  • MAC Midimauve: Starting with my favorite category, lipstick, I have this gorgeous dusty rose with a Lustre finish. Even though I've had Midimauve for less than a month, I can say with confidence that it is one of my top lipsticks in my makeup collection. Midimauve is a universally flattering shade that I recommend to everyone looking for a place to start with MAC lipstick. [Link to review. | Link to purchase.]
  • MAC Angel: Angel is a shade that I wear constantly in the summer, but never touch during colder months. Angel is a mid-toned pink with yellow undertones. It is a Frost finish, meaning it has a, for lack of a more descriptive word, frosted finish. I am not a big pink lipstick-wearer and I think this is a safe shade for those of us turned off by bright, in-your-face pink colors. [Link to purchase.]
  • MAC Bare Again: Can you tell I like MAC lipstick? Bare Again is a perfect nude shade for summer. It is a Sheen Supreme lipstick, which means that the formulation mimics wearing both a lipstick and a lipgloss. I find that the glossy finish helps Bare Again from being so nude that it washes out my complexion. Plus, because Bare Again is slightly sheer, it can be transformed easily by using a darker or brighter lip liner. [Link to haul. | Link to purchase.]
  • NARS Orgasm: This blush is a cult favorite, so I won't spend much time talking about it. Orgasm, a pinky-peach shade with golden shimmer, is my go-to blush when I want a pop of color on my cheeks. [Link to purchase.]
  • theBalm Down Boy: Down Boy is a cool medium pink blush. I normally don't wear cool toned blushes because they rarely flatter me, but the formulation of this product is so wonderful, that it just works. I highly recommend checking out theBalm products - they are incredible, yet so underrated. [Link to purchase.] 
  • MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade: All of the MAC Mineralize Skinfinishes are incredible highlighters, and I love Lightscapade because it is the most subtle. It is not an in-your-face shimmery, reflective highlight (though I do love those as well.) Lightscapade gives a beautiful "glowing from within" effect that is simply divine when I want a more natural look. [Link to purchase.]
  • Rimmel London Natural Bronzer in Sun Bronze: I promise I will stop talking about this bronzer after this post. But I mean, aside from it being the most natural shade that blends like an absolute dream, it's only $4.99! How insane is that?! Sun Bronze is not my favorite drugstore bronzer - it's my favorite bronzer. If you are similar in skin tone to me, run - don't walk - to your nearest drugstore. You can thank me later.  [Link to review. | Link to purchase.]
  • Urban Decay Naked3 Palette: I purchased Naked3 right when it was released, and the palette wound up just sitting in my makeup drawer for months. Recently, I've started pairing the shades in this palette with neutral matte brown shadows I have in my collection and I've finally fallen in love. For me, using this palette totally on it's own gives me a look that is way too pink. When I pair it with true neutrals, it's beautiful and rosy. [Link to purchase.]
  • MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Palette Volume 1: If you are a neutral eyeshadow lover, you need this palette in your life. The MUFE Artist Palette has a mix of warm, cool, and "neutral-neutral" shimmer and satin shades, which range from daytime appropriate to night time glamorous. [Link to review. | Link to purchase.]
  • Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer: I received a sample of the Behind the Scenes Eye Primer with a Lorac palette, and it took me quite a while to get around to using it. I started wearing it as a base a few months ago, and have been so impressed. The primer locks shadow into place so intensely that it will not budge until it is washed off with a makeup remover. Plus it is thin and completely translucent, so it is unnoticeable on the eye. [Link to purchase.]
  • Jergens Natural Glow Daily Firming Moisturizer: I have been using this gradual tanning  moisturizer for about two weeks, and I'm already roughly three shades darker in skin tone. I'm still trying to figure out if this has helped reduce the appearance of cellulite (as it claims). If I had to say right now, I would say it has made the skin around my thighs and butt (where I have a bit of cellulite) a little smoother. And for a $10 lotion, I think that's pretty incredible. [Link to purchase.]
  • Origins Original Skin Serum: Last but not least is the serum I've been using religiously day and night for the past three months. I like this product so much that I've already repurchased. This serum is made for skin that is past the point of needing hormonal acne treatments, but too young to need serious anti-aging. If you're in your 20s, you need to check this out. [Link to review. | Link to purchase.]

14 comments:

  1. Love the Naked Pallet.
    xx The Coastal Confidence
    http://the-coastalconfidence.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obsessed with my naked 3 pallet! no matter what new eyeshadow pallets I get I always come back to this one!

    http://www.spencrescurls.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was always curious about the Jergens natural glow.. I'm looking for a self tanner for my brothers wedding as I don't want to do the tanning beds anymore. I'll need to look into that line! Thanks for sharing:-)

    www.wunderbliss.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the MAC lipstick in the shade Angel, I'll definitely check this one out! I don't own the Naked 3, I really need this palette in my collection. I'm a huge UD fan XD
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love my Naked 3 palette too and perfect MAC lipstick shades <3


    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the naked palette!

    XX

    http://www.floortjeloves.com
    http://www.facebook.com/floortjeloves

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these colors! Nice blog you have

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Urban Decays Naked Palettes are always an obsession of mine!

    http://arnellavanilla.com/category/home/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved naked pallets

    Great Post. Lovely Blog. Really loving your blog.
    . xxx Keep in touch
    Beautydrugs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all of those products! I've been loving The Balm's Hot Mama blush recently, and it's amazing xx

    La'bell || labellwong.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice post :)

    http://majaanchevska.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've wanted to try Orgasm for AGES. And Lightscapade; I've worn Soft & Gentle every day for years and keep meaning to branch out a bit to other MSFs but never got round to it.

    Hannah x
    xhannahsaidso.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. MAC lipsticks are my fave! Also love NARS orgasm blush, although I just switched to deep throat as its a little more natural with less shimmer.
    xMC
    http://mc2squared.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahh the naked 3 palette looks beautiful! I've been wanting this palette for so long! x

    touchofgucci.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete