Saturday, June 20, 2015

040. | Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara


I recently did some mascara shopping when the Nordstrom "Buy Two, Get One Free" mascara sale was happening. The first mascara I picked up was the Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara. I had received a sample of this a while back, and I wore it for about a month straight before it dried out. I remember wanting to purchase the full size, but the hefty price tag stopped me. Once the Nordstrom sale came around, I knew I had to get this. Keep reading to learn more!


The Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara is a black kohl-pigmented mascara. Bobbi Brown says that the kohl pigmentation builds volume lash by lash, instead of clumping lashes together like most mascaras do. The wand is medium sized, with soft, short bristles, and the product itself is extremely black. It is very easy to achieve soft, long lashes with this mascara.

I find the Smokey Eye Mascara to be much more lengthening than volumizing. That's not to say that the mascara doesn't give the lashes any volume. It does, but it's not going to give the extremely full, almost false lash effect that some mascaras do (like the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara). I like wearing this in the daytime. I find that I need a mascara with a little bit more volume when I'm rocking a dark, smokey nighttime eye look.

I would absolutely recommend the Smokey Eye Mascara to anyone in the market for a high-end, lengthening mascara. If you're more concerned about volumizing your lashes, I would pass on this. Click here to purchase!


10 comments:

  1. Aw lovely photos :) Lucky you finding a sale!

    theemmalouise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only heard good things about this mascara! Will have to add this one to my wish list! Really nice photo's :) xo

    http://justjessicalee.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This mascara looks and sounds amazing - I love thick and long brushes x

    Jana // Life of Jana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to try this it sounds incredible!! I always love a good mascara and normally pay more anyway! I actually haven't tried anything from Bobbie Brown but would love too! x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom lovvvvves bobbi brown (and I've definitely been guilty of stealing this mascara from her a few times). I love that it lengthens rather than volume-ize, like you said.
    xx, Pia
    http://www.gymbagsandjetlags.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a huge MAC fan but I am curious about this mascara :) xx


    www.searchingforlbd.com

    www.searchingforlbd.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review! Thanks for the info. I definitely need volumizing over lengthening so this is really great to know. xoxo Alexis

    www.alwaysinpearls.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so cool !
    xoxo,

    atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete