Friday, June 5, 2015

034. | MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Palette Vol. 1


In my mind, one can never have enough neutral eyeshadow. So whenever a new neutral palette hits the market, I'm always tempted to purchase. When I first saw the MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Palette Vol. 1, I knew I had to have it. The shades and tones included in the palette are exactly the types of colors I go for. It's no wonder MUFE dubbed this collection of shadows "Nudes You Need." I had not tried any MUFE shadows before, but I had read enough positive reviews of the line to have confidence in my purchase. I have had this palette for about a month, and it has quickly become one of my favorite items in my beauty collection. Keep reading for photos and swatches!


The shadows in the Artist Palette are an "advance gel-powder formula with ultrafine pigments." The texture is extremely interesting. While I agree that the powder is finely milled, it thick and cushion-y to the touch. Each shade in the palette is very pigmented and blends easily. They also layer beautifully over one another. I use non-synthetic makeup brushes to apply the shadows. If you are someone who likes to apply eyeshadows with your fingers, these would be perfect for that technique.

I like that this palette has a few warm neutrals, a few cool neutrals, and my personal favorite, what I call a few "neutral neutrals," shades that neither lean warm nor cool (think Marc Jacobs The Lolita palette). Most of the shades are frosted or shimmers, with a few satin shades. The one problem a person might have with this palette is that these shades are basically all "all over lid" shades, accent shades, or highlight shades. There are no mattes or anything that can be used to contour the eye. Personally I don't mind this. I pair this palette with something like the Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Palette (review here) and I have everything I need.

 Top Row: I-528 (Pearl), I-514 (Pink Ivory), ME-512 (Golden Beige) 

 Middle Row: S-556 (Taupe Gray), D-562 (Taupe Platinum), ME-644 (Iced Brown)

Bottom Row: S-102 (Onyx), I-544 (Pink Granite), D-652 (Celestial Earth)

The Artist Palette is packaged in a sturdy cardboard case with a magnetic closure. Opposite the nine shadows is a decent sized mirror. It would work for makeup application in a pinch. The palette is relatively small and compact with little wasted space. Included with the palette is a booklet that explains how to create different looks with the shadows. It also tells you which brushes to use to create the looks. I think this is pretty creative, as I have never seen that before, but it just might be a makeup brush marketing ploy.



The Artist Palette contains nine eyeshadows with a weight of 0.06 oz. each. The palette retails for $42 (MUFE claims it is a $136 value). If you're a fan of neutral palettes and have matte shades in your beauty stash to supplement the shimmers, I'd highly recommend checking this out.


What is your favorite neutral eyeshadow palette of the moment?

3 comments:

  1. This palette looks lovely, all my favourite kind of shades! <3

    I have a new post on the blog, would love to know your thoughts:

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing post dear!
    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/printed-sea-3880191

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love neutral eyeshadows, so this palette looks perfect, all of the shades are gorgeous! Great post & lovely swatches! x

    emily x ❤ | emilyloula

    ReplyDelete