Wednesday, April 15, 2015

027. | Marc Jacobs The Lover 220


For the second post of #PaletteWeek, I'm showing a new, limited edition eyeshadow palette from one of my all-time favorite brands, Marc Jacobs Beauty. The Lover 220 is a limited release from the Style Eye-Con No. 7 - Plush Shadow range. This range carries seven permanent eyeshadow palettes, with seven shades in each. The most popular palette, and my absolute favorite palette on the market, is The Lolita 206. (I mentioned this in Current Beauty Obsessions, Vol. 1.) When I spotted The Lover on the Sephora website, I instantly knew I needed it. Keep reading for details and photos.


The Lover includes seven shadows which are neutral pink/peach in tone. The individual eyeshadows do not have names, so I'll describe the shades going from left to right: matte white with pink undertones, shimmering champagne, light sandy peach with subtle shimmer, matte cream with pinky-peach undertones, shimmering copper, shimmering sandy pink, matte neutral-toned taupe. Marc Jacobs describes the shades slightly differently, but I feel that my descriptions more accurately describe the shadows. 

(Note: These are more pigmented on the eyes. My skin is too pale at the moment to do them any justice.)

The shadows are pigmented and can be built up to full opacity with two to three layers. I prefer shadows with this type of pigmentation because I have more control over them. The formulation is extremely creamy and they blend beautifully. Marc Jacobs shadows are probably the most expensive shadows I own, and the higher price definitely translates into better quality. It is almost impossible to make a mistake when working with these eyeshadows. They practically blend themselves and look almost airbrushed when applied. Using an eyeshadow primer or cream shadow underneath, they will stay put without creasing or melting until they are taken off with a makeup remover. 


The Style Eye-Con No. 7 palettes are packaged in sleek, black plastic casing. The slim shape and design make them perfect for slipping in a makeup bag and taking on the go. The compacts come with a large mirror opposite the shadows. Simple and classic, these palettes prove that less is more when it comes to packaging. 

Overall, I highly recommend this product. In fact, I recommend all of the shadows from Marc Jacobs. Although I do no't own every palette, I have swatched every one in store, and all of the shades have the same buttery, pigmented consistency. The Lover 220 retails for $59 and can be purchased here.

1 comment:

  1. I love the pink shimmery color in that palette! I would definitely buy just that color though....
    Dresses & Denim

    ReplyDelete