Thursday, January 15, 2015

009. | Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer


Big announcement: I've found my new favorite foundation primer. Over the years, I've tried many different primers. It is probably my most-tested makeup product. While I have found products that I like and that work well for my skin, I've never been completely blown away. That is, until I tried the Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer. This product works to create a smooth canvas for my foundation, as well as to help my makeup last throughout the day. Keep reading for more details!


The Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer is green in tone, which works to cancel any redness on the face. Once smoothed over the skin, the product turns from green to clear. (Don't worry - no sickly looking faces here!) My skin isn't extremely red, so I'm not quite sure how the product would work on very pigmented skin. However, it works to minimize the slight reddish-pink undertones that I have.

The primer is silicone based, and has a slippery feel when applied. Some people are bothered by this consistency, but for my skin tone, silicone helps the product adhere to any foundation I lay down. After application, I wait about two to three minutes to let the product soak into my skin. If foundation is applied immediately after the primer, it cancels out the primer's effect.

Using this primer, I wore a full face of makeup for about eight hours without having to touch up once. Normally, I'll have to powder my t-zone throughout the day to soak up excess oil production. The longevity of the Smashbox primer is, for me, what sets it apart from other primers I've used. If you struggle with combination/oily skin, I recommend giving this a try.

One strange discrepancy: You have probably noticed that I have the travel size version of the Smashbox primer. Here's why - the travel size is 0.5 ounces and costs $15. The full size is 1 ounce and costs $39. So, if you buy the full size, you're paying more per ounce than if you had purchased the travel size. Essentially, buying two travel sized products, you're getting 1 ounce for $30, instead of $39. Click here to purchase.

1 comment:

  1. Ah SNAP! I'm so in love with this product!

    Em xx

    http://maidenbell.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete