Tuesday, January 13, 2015

008. | The Best of Clinique


Skincare sets are the best way to try new products without fully committing to a large, expensive pot of moisturizer or bottle of face wash. Because the skin on the face is extremely sensitive, it is best to experiment with small amounts of new product to see what works and what doesn't. Recently, I was running low on most of my current skincare favorites, and I was ready to test out some new things. I've had good experiences with Clinique products in the past, so I decided to purchase this adorable little kit. Keep reading to see how the products performed!


Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion: This is my favorite product of the set. My skin type is combination-oily, but tends to be a bit dryer in the colder months. I have been using this as a day cream, and it works perfectly to moisturize my skin without leaving any greasy residue. I think this would be too heavy for me during warmer seasons, but I'm planning on purchasing the full size to last me through the rest of the winter.

Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief: I've been using this product as a night cream, and I am extremely satisfied with the results. The consistency is more of a gel than a cream, which has a nice cooling, soothing effect. I don't think I will repurchase this because I've used other night creams I better prefer, but I will use this up.

All About Eyes: This a nice daytime eye cream. It de-puffs and cools the under eye area for a hydrated, smooth look and feel. I finish the rest of this sample, but then I'll return to the Origins Ginzing Eye Cream, which is my favorite brightening eye cream.


7 Day Scrub Cream: I've used this for about a week, and I've looked up countless reviews online to try to figure out exactly what it is. From what I can tell, it's an exfoliating face wash that is gentle enough for every day use. It does not work well to remove makeup, so this scrub is best used in the morning. I like this fine, but I have other face washes and exfoliants that do a better job on my skin.

Rinse Off Eye Makeup Solvent: This eye makeup remover is my second favorite item in the kit. This works like any typical water-based remover; I apply it to a cotton pad, then drag over my eyelid and lashes. I will repurchase this, and recommend it to anyone. It is not overly oily, and removes 99% percent of my eye makeup with one damp cotton round.

Chubby Stick Intense in Grandest Grape: Last but not least, Grandest Grape is a bright, pigmented magenta lip balm. I was extremely surprised by the richness and opacity of the color. The product feels comfortable on the lips and wears beautifully throughout the day. I recommend looking into the Chubby Stick Intense line if you're interested in bright, low maintenance lip colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment