Thursday, December 4, 2014

007. | Estée Lauder Pure Color Bush in Sensuous Rose


I love neutral toned blushes. I find that they are most versatile and look best on my complexion. Although I do already have a perfect neutral shade as my holy grail blush (NARS Madly), I like trying different products from time to time. I came across the Estée Lauder Pure Color Bush in Sensuous Rose at Sephora and decided to pick it up. Estée Lauder is one of my favorite high end brands, so my expectations were very high. Keep reading to see if the Estée Lauder Pure Color Bush in Sensuous Rose passed my blush test.


Estée Lauder Pure Color Bush in Sensuous Rose is described as a warm brown rose. If I had to describe it myself, I would say it is a dusty rose pink with neutral undertones. It is definitely a pink blush, not a tan with pink undertones. The blush is a satin formula that has sheer, but buildable coverage. The color and texture of the blush makes it an extremely versatile product. The neutral undertones make the blush wearable with nearly any makeup look, while the buildable coverage gives easy control over how intense the color appears.

The Pure Color Blush applies easily over foundation, and blends beautifully. The product claims to be long wearing. I had the blush on for about seven hours, and it only faded minimally. However, I did set my face with a setting spray, which may have affected the longevity of the blush.


As with most Estée Lauder products, the packing of the Pure Color Blushes is absolutely gorgeous. The mirrored gold packaging and translucent plastic reflect the luxury of the brand and the product. The compact includes a small brush, which is surprisingly soft. I'm considering using it for highlighting products, as it is a bit too small to use as an actual blush brush for me. I think that packaging is extremely important with high end products because it factors into the price point of the item. Make sure to find brands with packaging that appeals to your style.


Overall, I highly recommend the Estée Lauder Pure Color Bush in Sensuous Rose. Although it is pricey, ringing in at $32, it contains .24 oz. of product. For comparison, a NARS blush retails at $30 and contains .16 oz. of product, and a Chanel blush retails at $45 and contains .21 oz. of product. As a high end blush, the Estée Lauder Pure Color line is a relatively economic option. Click here to purchase!

I am definitely planning on putting one or two more shades of the Pure Color Blush on my Christmas list!

No comments:

Post a Comment