Monday, October 6, 2014

003. | Living Proof Prime Style Extender


Having thicker, static-prone hair, I’m always looking for haircare products that will not only smooth and shape my hair, but will lock my style into place for hours and hours. Especially in heat, humidity, and/or rain, I need something to give me what I call "hair insurance."  I’ve found that the Living Proof Prime Style Extender is one product that does just that. Over the past two years, I’ve been through three or four bottles of this product – that’s how well it works for me. Given that hair icon and greatest woman alive Jennifer Aniston is the co-founder of Living Proof, it’s no surprise that their products are fantastic. Read on for more details.


The Living Proof Prime Style Extender is the first hair primer on the market. Similar to a face primer or an eyeshadow primer, the product is designed to be used on damp hair before using other hair products and styling. Living Proof claims that the Prime Style Extender will extend style two times longer by: repelling dirt and oil to keep hair clean and creating an optimal base for all styles.

Normally, I use this product to keep my style fresh throughout the day and night, but rarely for multiple days. Since I exercise nearly every day, I wash my hair every night. For that reason, I don’t apply the Prime Style Extender directly to my roots. If I do go a day without washing my hair, I find that the body of my hair has remained smooth, straight, and frizz-free, but I will have some oil build-up at the roots. Again, this is most likely because I don’t use the product on my roots.

Overall, I highly recommend the Prime Style Extender. I never style my hair without using this product. It makes hair shape, style, and wear better, and is weightless enough to keep hair from becoming over-saturated.

Recommended for: All hair types.

Price: $20.00

Amount of Product5.0 oz.

Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Octafluoropentyl Methacrylate (OFPMA), Myristyl Alcohol , Polyacrylate-13, Polysorbate 20 , Sorbic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, PPG-2 Myristyl Ether Propionate , Phenoxyethanol, PEG-8 Stearate, Polyisobutene, Citronellol, Fragrance/Parfum, Citral, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene.

Where to Buy: Sephora/Sephora.com, Nordstrom/Nordstrom.com, livingproof.com, select salons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment